Mar 30, 2004

Funny expressions we should all adopt:

(Winners in a New York Magazine contest which asked contestants to take a well-known expression in a foreign language, change a single letter and provide a definition for the new expression.)

Respondez s'il vous plaid : Honk if you're Scottish
Harlez-vous français? : Can you drive a French motorcycle?
Veni, vipi, vici : I came, I'm a very important person, I conquered
Cogito eggo sum : I think; therefore I am a waffle
Rigor morris : The cat is dead.
Que sera serf : Life is feudal
Le roi est mort. Jive le roi : The king is dead. No kidding
Posh mortem : Death styles of the rich and famous
Pro bozo publico : Support your local clown
Monage a trois : I am three years old
Haste cuisine : Fast French food
Quip pro quo : A fast retort
Aloha oy : Love; greetings; farewell; from such a pain you should never know
Mazel ton : Tons of luck
Visa la France : Don't leave your chateau without it
Carne Diem : Seize the meat

No comments:

Post a Comment