To know after absence the familiar street and road and village and house is to know again the satisfaction of home. - Hal Borland
Yesterday was one of the longest days of my life. I got up at six and went to bed at two, plus the time difference, means a 32-hour day. I did manage to nap for about four hours, so that's good. My flights weren't bad; I met a bunch of nice people including Spencer the Mormon missionary, Emma the bilingual 2-year-old and a handful of travelling business men. But I was in five different airports yesterday (Taipei, Nagoya, San Francisco, Chicago, Toronto), so I was so tired I actually managed to sleep for six hours last night!
Mom and George greeted me at the airport with a winter coat and when we got home I unpacked the bounty of gifts from the far east, under the weight of which our dining room table is now sagging. Also, my darling mother made me cake. It's nice to be back.
No comments:
Post a Comment