Jan 18, 2011

Guilty pleasure

I stayed home last night partly to do some laundry, run some errands and do some cleaning, but also because of the Golden Globes.
I can't help it; I loved Paul Giamatti's acceptance speech, even though he's kind of a dirty middle-aged man. Partly, yes, because he said that Montreal is "an incredible beautiful city which I dream about. An incredible place in a great nation, Canada. And I salute the great nation of Canada." But also because he seems like an normal person. Who shares my affinity for chocolate.
And I loved the standing ovation for Michael Douglas.
Other happy moments:
- Helena Bonham Carter's shoes
- Jane Lynch's wit
- Robert Downey Jr.'s cheek
- Christian Bale's hair (Also, isn't it time for him to do a film or two in his own delicious accent?)
- Annette Bening's style: I call it nerd chic.
- Toy Story 3's win
- the image of Colin Firth on a motorcycle
- Aaron Sorkin's shout-out to his daughter: "I want to thank all the female nominees tonight for demonstrating to my daughter that elite is not a bad word. It's an aspirational word. Honey, take a look around—smart girls have more fun, and you're one of them. I love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment