Was blind, but now I see
A couple of weeks ago at our Friday night Bible study, we were discussing one of the times Jesus healed a blind man. At one point, one of my students raised her hand and said, "well, I saw a movie about a man who was blind and had an operation so he could see. But then he had no depth perception. He kept bumping into things and getting hurt. Do you really think the man was better off healed?"
Good point, eh? I mean, of course he was better off healed. And I'm sure he got used to his new eyes. But it must have taken a while.
Which brings me to what I told them. When you give something to God, whether it's your whole life or one more part of it, it can be mighty uncomfortable. When you're getting used to seeing things the way you were made to, there are awkward and often very painful moments. This is why I think we give up. We start a week with all these goals and then we bump into one table corner and we give up again. Let's not choose sin.
No comments:
Post a Comment