Questions, questions...
As per Melissa's request:
1. Take the nearest book and look up page 18, line 4. What does it say...
in me (Jesus) you may have peace.
2. Reach out your arm as far as you can. What do you touch?
My left hand touches these cat chopsticks Angela got for me from Thailand and my right hand touches a framed photo of nephew Ben in the striped shirt I helped pick out.
3. What is the latest thing you watched on TV?
Down With Love was on last night. At one point, I had even convinced myself that life was all one big zany sex comedy and you had switched keys with the lead to use his swinging pad to snare me. But really, it's only funny if you're a Doris Day fan.
4. Without looking, guess what time it is.
10:35. YES! I got it! But I did just look at the clock a few minutes ago.
5. Apart from the computer, what else do you hear?
Air conditioning... voices... ("Le professeur entend des voix et le professeur n'est pas Jeanne d'Arc!" 25 cents if you know who said that.)
6. When were you last outside, and what did you do?
I walked to work. Last night I scooted home from the gym on my new little fab-oh scooter.
7. What did you look at before you started answering these questions.
Melissa's blog, which is why I'm doing this in the first place. But before that I was putting up all my cubicle crap because they fumigated the office over the weekend and I had to take everything down, so I was looking at pix of my family.
8. What are you wearing?
A berry t-shirt and this boho/deconstructed/hippie black skirt I got at this store called The New Place, which carries all kinds of really good factory seconds for CHEAP.
9. Did you dream last night, if you did, then what was the dream about?
I may have dreamed, but I rarely remember dreams, and the last dream I DID remember is not blog-appropriate.
10. When was the last time you laughed?
Probably in chapel this morning; usually something funny happens there, like Jason will tell us to clap "like the black people do."
11. What is on the wall in the room you sit in right now?
Traditional chinese prints and embroidery. Pretty nice. But not as nice as the palm trees I can see through the window.
12. Have you seen anything strange lately?
Yes. The new Honda Civic is peing promoted at the mall with dancers and music; everyone watches and takes photos while girls in short skirts dance around the car... "New Honda... new Civic... new story!"
13. What do you think of this challenge?
I'm missing the challenge part.
14. What movie have you watched most recently?
Cars in the theatre on Saturday. Very cute; good soundtrack. Though I have trouble relating to a world with no people, only cars. It's so against creation and everything I believe. Shame, too, because it IS a really good movie.
15. If you became a multi-millionaire, what would you buy?
A fully staffed jet and my own magazine to run. But you all knew that already.
16. Tell something about yourself that others don't know.
When I told my mom that I had bought a scooter and was driving it illegally, she told me she was proud of me. Not sure if she meant it.
17. If you could change ONE thing in the world, without consideration to politics and feelings of guilt, what would it be?
Maybe I second Melissa on the getting rid of money. But to be unique, I'll say, I would change the economic and health situation in Africa.
18. Do you like dancing?
Heck yes I like dancing. That so-called "Dancing Queen"? She's got nothing on me.
19. George Bush?
Michael Moore. Oh, we're not playing word association, are we?
20-21.What would you name your children, boy and girl respectively?
I always liked "Joshua Peter" but as those are now two of my brothers' names, I'm not sure anymore. Maybe "Jonah." And for a girl, "Rachel Petra."
22. Could you consider living abroad?
Uh, yes. Yes, I think I could. Canada would be nice.
23. What would you like God to say to you when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
I think a hug would be wonderful. How could you put a moment like that into words?
24. Four people you would like to answer these questions?
Brett, Julie, Andrea and Joel. Because I'd like your answers, I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment