May 1, 2006

Adjusting, readjusting... how boring would life be without change?

I moved again last week and am getting used to life in my new place with my lovely new roomies. I think the biggest issue has been the contruction outside my window that wakes me up at 5:30 am. They're working on this new metro station but we're convinced it's just a ploy to boost the Taiwan economy. Jessie's theory is that they go back and vandalize it at night so they're guaranteed to keep their jobs.
Also new is that three of our coworkers have moved up from down island to work with us here. I'll be making my television debut this week as well, both as the voice of reading (haha) on SC and as an extra on LTE. (Confused? Click here for more info.)

In other news, remember how when Ang Lee won his Oscar he all dedicated it to his dad who passed away? As we're watching this, we're going, "No WAY did some old Taiwanese man graciously and happily approve of Brokeback Mountain." I was like, "Clearly he made this movie after his dad died for a reason." Sure enough, Mel finds this quote the other day in some interview: "The first time he encouraged me was when I told him I was going to give it all up after Hulk. I was ragged. Every cell in my body was screaming for rest. He held my hand and said: 'Please don't. You'll be depressed.' Then he said he loved Hulk. Two weeks later he passed away. That's when I decided to make Brokeback Mountain." Lee pauses, then smiles. "I never did tell him it was a gay movie . . ."
Uh, yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment