Anyway, CD of the Week: Finding Beautiful by Jaylene Johnson

I don't usually take to Christian artists very quickly, but I'm really enjoying her. She's from Winnipeg and I think her music will probably appeal most to teen girls... But here's what Joel would call a "choice lyric" about worship from "Only Have My Love"...
We make thrones of choir chairs, sceptres of microphones
and crowns if hands are clapped in praise
and when feuds are fought in fickle pews, we fix them with a song or two;
hush the whispers with a chorus and the murmurs with a fugue
What if I were deaf and blind? What if I were mute?
If I didn’t hear the music, if I couldn’t sing the tune?
I guess I’d sit beside the palace gate,
feel the rumble of the church brigade,
and only have my love to offer you.
No comments:
Post a Comment