I miss...her smell. And the way she tastes. It's a mystery of human chemistry, and I don't understand it, but some people, as far as your senses are concerned, just feel like...home.
From High Fidelity, which I re-watched this week while lying, miserably ill, in bed. What a fantastic movie. But my sister, who recently read the book, tells me the movie doesn't come close. Fine. (Although I suspect she's biased because the book takes place in England and the movie doesn't. I think it was worth it for John Cusack.)
Okay, now this gives me an excuse to rant about a pet peeve of mine: women who say they don't understand men. Come on. That's just silly. Just make friends with them and you'll see there's not that much to understand. They're kind of like us, minus the insanity. But if you really want insight into how their brains work, I think Nick Hornby's stuff can help.
(PS--If there are any men reading this who say they don't understand women, it's okay. We don't understand ourselves. But Helen Fielding offers a bit of insight.)
No comments:
Post a Comment